Thursday, August 19, 2010

Jerry Metellus Photography



I just met Jerry Metellus the outgoing photographer that has paved his way into the Las Vegas main stream. It is always exciting to meet people who you look up to. He spoke to a classroom of art students today about business in photography, rights and usage, service and processing. How do you price a photo? Jerry answered our questions and demonstrated full guest satisfaction and reminded us, “Everything is business.”. I too, dream of having my own art show in a hotel suite, champagne, hors d'oeuvres flowing, and my pictures on the wall. Someday I will because I have the passion to be a digital photographer professional.

Jerry’s usual camera he shoots with is his Cannon 5D Mark II. His usual subjects are professional dancers from Las Vegas shows and top notch models. He works in a digital world and directs his models using dance moves. Their dance moves usually include not actually touching their feet on the ground. The movements come out looking so graceful and elegant.

Jerry displayed his website for us at www.JerryMetellus.com.

I am from Southern California myself and was interested in the two processing firms Jerry mentioned. A & I and Icon Processing in Hollywood. He also named drop Dave Hill, http://www.davehillphoto.com, who is an amazing photographer as well. David’s works range from music, to advertising, to personal. I love the music section of Dave’s website. He has posted images from the Ying Yang Twins to Panic at the Disco.

Jerry was very personable and outgoing. His adventures seem to run parallel lines up with mine. We have both traveled the world and been to some of the same places. Jerry told me after the lecture, he has lived in Japan, Milan, the Bay Area of California, and now Las Vegas. Jerry reminded all of the students at his lecture “Do it seriously. Don’t take it seriously.”

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting. Much appreciate the good words. Slight correction, however, the website is Metellus not Metallus...Not sure where Metallus would send your folks...LOL

    Do stay in touch.
    Cheers!

    P.S.: I had a blast talking to your group.
    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete